- Who does this policy apply to?
We may deal with personal information which relates to the individuals who we interact with during the course of operating our business (‘you’). This includes individuals such as our commercial clients and their staff, users of our website and other digital services, potential clients, job applicants and staff, contractors and potential contractors.
- What types of personal information do we collect and hold?
The specific types of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on our relationship with you and the type of personal information we require in order to deal with you and run our business. However, we often collect the following types of personal information:
- your name, gender, date of birth, address, phone number and email address;
- in the case of our commercial clients, additional details related to you and your products, business and operations which you may make available through the use of our software service (whether through our website or our app);
- if we are making payment to you or receiving payment from you, your bank account details or credit or debit card details;
- if you are applying for a role with us, your current and previous employment information; and
- if you are using our website, app or other digital services, information about how, when and how often you use our services and other information about the device(s) you access our services from (also see section 8 ‘Cookies’ below).
- How do we collect personal information?
We generally collect personal information about you directly from you or your representative when you or your representative interact with us. For example, we collect the information you or your representative submit to us in person, on forms, via digital services (including our website or app), via email or over the phone.
We may on occasion also collect personal information about you from third parties who assist us to run our business. For example, if we are processing a payment from you, we may collect account or payment information about you from your financial institution.
- How do we use your personal information?
We ordinarily use your personal information:
- to enable us to conduct our business generally and to facilitate the supply of goods or services to you;
- to administer our website and app and to enable you to access and use our website and app;
- to answer any questions or inquiries you have and otherwise manage our relationship with you;
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we have available from time to time;
- to process and manage purchases and payments to or from you, including recovering amounts from your or entities related to you (if applicable);
- if you are a job applicant or potential contractor, to assess your suitability and (if successful) engage you and to assist with administering your employment or contract;
- if we need to in order to comply with any law or regulation or a request of a government or regulatory body;
- for our internal management purposes or to solicit or manage any investment into or the sale of our business; and
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with our normal functions and activities.
If we are unable to collect your personal information, we may be unable to continue our relationship with you or to provide you with the services you require.
- When do we disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information to the following kinds of entities:
- to our contractors, consultants, advisers, service providers, associates and related entities to enable them to assist us with running our business;
- to our directors, staff and associated entities for business and marketing purposes;
- to any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise similar body in connection with any complaint made by you about us;
- to discuss your application for employment or a contract with the referees you provided;
- to prospective purchasers of or investors in our business (and their advisers and financiers) so they can assess making that purchase or investment; and
- other entities with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
- Overseas recipients
We are not likely to disclose your personal information to recipients outside Australia.
- Storage and security of your personal information
We hold personal information in paper form and electronic form. We have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to mitigate the risks of unauthorised access or disclosure and to maintain data accuracy.
- Accuracy and completeness of personal information
While we will endeavour to ensure that the personal information collected from you is up to date, accurate and complete, we will assume that any personal information provided by you is free from errors and omissions. You may request that we update or vary personal information that we hold about you using the contact details listed below.
- Direct marketing opt out
From time to time we may use your personal information to provide you with marketing communications in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we have available. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by following opt out instructions provided in such marketing communications.
- How to obtain access to your personal information
You may obtain access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. When you request copies of your personal information held by us we will endeavour to provide you with such personal information as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you make a request to access your personal information, we may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require. There may be occasions when access to personal information we hold about you is denied. Such occasions would include where release of the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
- How to make a complaint
If you are of the view we have breached the Privacy Act or any registered privacy code in relation to your personal information, please let us know by writing to us using the contact details below and we will endeavour to respond and provide you with confirmation as to how we propose to deal with the issue as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the steps: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints.
- Remaining anonymous
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us unless we are required by law or a court or tribunal to deal with individuals who have identified themselves or it is impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself.
- Changes to this policy
- Contact us
Please direct all enquiries, comments and complaints in relation to your privacy to:
Postal address: PO Box 64, Auburn, SA5451
Version: 1.0 September 2020